- What does a player need to play soccer?
Each player needs to provide their own soccer shoes (cleats) and shin pads. Our club will provide a team jersey, shorts and socks.
- Kidsport Funding
To apply for funding to help pay for your child’s fees, go to www.kidsportcanada.ca, click “Find a Chapter”, choose Kelowna, and follow the instructions.
- When will I hear from my child’s coach?
You will hear from your child’s coach the first week of April. At this time he/she will inform you of your practice time/field and game day/time.
- When does the season start?
About mid-April. It depends on field conditions – the date is set by the City and the Schoolboard.
- When will we hear from our coach?
You will get a call from your coach sometime during the first week of April. If you do not hear from him/her by April 10, please email our office at
- When are the practices and games?
Each team will practice one night a week and have a game on Saturday. An exception is the U18 division — U18 girls will play on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (no practices). U18 boys will play on Monday and Wednesday evenings (no practices). The U18 division runs from mid-April until the end of June. U6 players will have a group practice on Mondays at Dorothea Walker Elementary and play a game on Saturday. The U7 players will have a group practice on Tuesdays at Dorothea Walker Elementary and play a game on Saturday. The U6 division finishes at the end of June. All other divisions run until the end of June, break for the summer, then start again in September for about one month.
- How are the clubs organized?
See the chart below
Team Formation Information
The Okanagan Mission Youth Soccer Club has grown significantly over the last several years and it has become necessary to re-examine the criteria used for team formation. In the past we have faced growing challenges: a large number of requests, difficulty in finding coaches, and some substantial differences in team success on the field. In an effort to resolve these issues and to continue to grow our club and attract players & more coaches, the criteria for team formation is as follows:
- As mandated by COYSA, every effort must be made to balance all teams, both in terms of skill level and age.
- Coaches will be placed with their child.
- Although teams will be different each year, every effort will be made to keep groups of at least 3 or more children from the same school together.
- Special requests can no longer be considered due to the size of the club and number of requests.
- If changes to team placement are needed due to conflicts with other activities, the names will be placed on a waitlist and accommodated where possible. If a change cannot be met, a full refund will be issued.
This revised team formation criteria should allow OMYSA to develop fair and balanced teams and focus on a successful and competitive house league. It will create an opportunity for players to work with new teammates each year and benefit from a variety of coaching.
Note: When registering your child, please consider they must be able to commit for the entire season. When teams are consistently short players, it becomes very frustrating for both players and coaches.
Team Formation Committee 2011/2012